Assistant Brand Manager - Shire Park
Through one of the most ambitious turn-around programmes ever undertaken, we aim to re-build trust in our brand and grow market share.
At the heart of this drive is our brand purpose, to serve Britains shoppers a little better every day.
This purpose is underpinned by an obsession to understand the needs of our customers to build meaningful brands that continuously deliver better for our customers.
This means we need to build brands with meaning not traditional own label. Delivering this with us can uniquely answer the needs of the nation a little everyday and lead transformative brand led growth for Tesco.
Our own brands are worth over 13bn and their positioning, offer and propositions are pivotal to drive this transformation for our customers.
We need people who are excited by our ambition and want to work with us to develop strong differentiated brands that create meaningful reasons to shop at Tesco.
We want passionate, curious and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards.
In return we offer excitement, a great team, a unique brand opportunity and significant future career development opportunities not to mention a colleague discount.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.
Reporting to the Brand Manager, accountabilities include:
- Support with translating the brand strategy into Product Brand strategies for the relevant categories
- Support delivery of Brand Mixes on time and in full vs. Brand guidelines. Working collaboratively with execution teams.
- Supports development of annual brand audit, building and executing the 0-18 month brand plan with excellence, in alignment with Tesco master brand priorities and brand principles
- Managing the product and pack design at SKU/range level in line with category gaps & opportunities, executed at relevant range changes and resets
- Developing and cascading regular own brand performance trackers at category and sub-category level
- Own the critical path for product brand development, escalating issues and risks as relevant
- Brand development budget holder, ensuring forecast accuracy is delivered
- Building strong relationships with key stakeholders including design, product and insight to help execute the brands through the 6 Ps
- Upskilling inDunnhumbyShop, KantarWorldpanel& IRI
- Being the brand champion living and breathing the guidelines, tone of voice and values
- Customer focused and a passion for brands.
- Ability to build strong relationships.
- A level of project management.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving capability.
- Ability to manage change and challenge the status quo.
- Creative thinking
- A can do attitude.
- Energy and drive to deliver beyond expectation.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Degree or equivalent in Marketing discipline
- Previous Experience of brand and/ or retailer brand marketing in a commercial/ FMCG environment would be an advantage in this role.
- Excellent project management skills with proven record of delivery on time and in budget
- Ability to successfully influence up to middle management, internally & externally and contribute ideas to more strategic brand discussions
- Strong presentation skills with an eye for detail and confidence in delivering to multiple stakeholders.
- Experience taking category and customer insight and translating to an effective creative brief.