Assistant Store Manager - London
Assistant Store Manager - Champion - Wembley LDO
Champion is the premium athleisure destination rooted in original and authentic design.
The home of the hoodie, origin of the sweatshirt, pioneer of the Reverse Weave, Champion has always had innovation at its core. Original designs are elevated with superior craftsmanship and fresh details to become premium athleisure icons.
Built on a century’s worth of heritage, Champion constantly regenerates itself for today. The signature ‘C’ is a symbol of authenticity, worn by artists, athletes and creatives worldwide.
Job purpose & details:
- To support the store manager in meeting or exceeding store sales target
- To work with the store manager to achieve brand standard in customer service and selling, product presentation and merchandising
- To assist the store manager in the recruitment, training, retaining and development of high quality team members
Position in the organisation
- Reports directly to: Store Manager
- Gives leadership to: Supervisor, Sales Specialists and Sales Associates
- In his absence, replaces: Store Manager
- In his absence is replaced by: Store Manager or Supervisor
Result field 1. To support the store manager in meeting or exceeding store sales target
- Assist in maximizing sales and profitability through the effective management of store operations.
- Be able to effectively control the store during periods when the store manager is absent including showing commercial awareness and implement initiatives to drive sales performance.
- Understand local market trends and competition and communicate this information to line your manager
- Understand and improve store performance by analysis of reports and KPIs such as conversion rate, units per transaction and average transaction value.
Result field 2. To work with the store manager to achieve brand standard in customer service and selling, product presentation and merchandising
- Support and offer guidance to staff within the store, focused on the delivery of the required standards of (visual) merchandising, presentation and promotional activity.
- Ensure consistent planning and execution of product flow.
- Manage back of house operations and share in the cleaning duties of the store where required.
Result field 3. To assist the store manager in the recruitment, training, retaining and development of high quality team members
- Supervise the staff within the store, under the store manager’s direction, ensuring staff are motivated and trained on ongoing basis.
- Ensure best practice in terms of staffing levels, be following the rotas and schedules described by store manager.
- According to limits of authority
Internal: The contacts that are required to perform the described position, a.o. employees from the Retail department and relevant subsidiaries
External: The contacts that are required to perform the described position, a.o. suppliers
Knowledge and experience
- Two years of retail management experience required, including experience in coaching, counseling and developing people.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field (or 2 years’ additional experience in lieu of a degree).
- Experience with retail operations, budgeting, planning, customer service, people development and management.
- Extensive experience in leading a top level of customer service in a brand retailer.
- Excellent skills needed in communication (written & oral), delegation, teamwork, flexibility, proactiveness, stress resistance and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with customers and store personnel, maneuver around sales floor, stockroom and store office; lift and carry 30 lbs/13.61 kilograms.
- Open availability and flexibility to work nights, weekends, store openings and store closings according to the needs of the business.
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Lotus Notes.
- Able to effectively communicate in English (both written and verbal).