Retail Supervisor - Surrey
Retail Supervisor - Surrey
Wentworth Club is one of the world’s finest private members golf and country clubs, famous for its Championship golf courses in addition to a luxury Tennis & Health Club. The Club is surrounded and entwined within the Wentworth Estate, one of the most prestigious private estates in the London suburbs where may top golfers and celebrities have their homes. Our goal is to position Wentworth as the world’s premier golf and country club, and we need to hire talented people like you to get us there.
About the job
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Retail Supervisor in our Club Pro Shop.
Working within a cohesive team of three retail professionals, you’ll be empowered to manage and execute day-to-day retail processes and procedures, including stock control, customer service, sales, and visual merchandising.
Supported by a Retail Assistant, you’ll work closely with the Retail Manager to achieve targets in sales, sell through and stock keeping accuracy. You’ll have autonomy and assume control of the retail operations during periods of absence of the Retail Manager, taking full ownership of the service standards and decision making during these periods.
You’ll be PGA qualified (desirable), bringing great knowledge, skill and experience of the professional Golf environment and retail operations.
This is a permanent, full-time position with a competitive salary. Working routine would typically be 40 hours per week (5 out of 7 days per week) and will include working weekends and bank holidays.
Key activities include
- Being customer facing as much as possible, providing impeccable customer service and product knowledge to our members and customers.
- Making a proportionate contribution to sales and making retail recommendations of best practice.
- Managing customer orders using CRM tools – ensuring professional, timely and accurate communication with members is maintained.
- Proactively tracking and forecasting sales – anticipating demand for certain product categories with a view to minimising missed sales.
- Managing the daily standard operating procedures for the retail department. These will include interim stocktakes as well as opening and closing checklists.
- During period of absence of the Retail Manager, being responsible for retail activities within the Club (this includes communication with key internal and external stakeholders, such as customers and suppliers when making orders for stock or on behalf of our members).
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Personal Attributes:
- Experience of retail operations – specifically processes and procedures relating to ordering and stock control.
- A strong interest in golf is desirable – the job holder will be expected to converse with and provide recommendations to customers.
- Competent in using Microsoft 365, Excel to an intermediate level.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with ability to create a positive and innovative atmosphere.
- Ability to encourage others to communicate effectively and efficiently at a level that is understood, developing a culture of participation and involvement.
- Skilled at motivating colleagues to give their best results.
- Naturally confident with a ability to appraise a situation and adapt to the needs for positive outcomes.
- Creative with the determination to convince others in sharing ideas and creating options to challenging situations.
- High attention to detail with a systematic approach in delivering efficient retail services.
Working at Wentworth
will enjoy a competitive salary and a range of benefits including: Free meals on duty, uniform, parking, Corporate gym membership, use of the Club golf and tennis facilities, generous staff discounts on food and retail and a range healthcare solutions which support your health and wellbeing.