Retail Manager - Felixstowe
Retail Manager - Felixstowe
Park Holidays UK are a rapidly growing company and the largest caravan operator in the south of England. The business has a proven history of developing and promoting talented managers and an unprecedented investment programme across the group.
We are now looking for a Retail Manager to lead our complex operation and team at Felixstowe Holiday Park.
Felixstowe Beach Holiday Park is one of our most established holiday parks. Our regular guests have been coming back for years so there must be something special about it! It regularly appears in our top 3 for customer satisfaction, but great service is just part of its very special appeal. On the park you'll find a great indoor pool complete with water slide for children of all ages. The entertainment venue is perfect for live shows and cabarets and is busy most nights. Felixstowe is an attractive Victorian town, known as the 'Garden Resort of the East Coast'. This is due to its extensive and beautiful gardens, situated along its long, level promenade and in the town centre. The seafront gardens are listed on the English Heritage Register of Parks and Gardens of National Importance.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Maximising bar and food sales opportunities through an effective business plan.
- Recruiting, training and managing the performance of your team.
- Controlling stocks, money and all company equipment within area of responsibility ensuring optimum profitability of business.
- Co-ordinating the ordering of stocks from approved suppliers, achieving maximum stock rotations.
- Encouraging sales by the marketing and display of products to their best advantage.
- Managing the cellar to ensure optimum quality of product, cleanliness and safe storage, with the minimum of wastage.
- Ensuring all team members have comprehensive product knowledge.
- Preparing, planning and managing a budget for all resources within area of responsibility and to monitor and maintain effective control.
The successful candidate will have:
- A proactive approach.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to work under pressure with good decision-making skills.
- A Professional and outgoing personality
- Good IT skills, including knowledge of Excel, Word and Email.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
In return we offer a Competitive Salary, performance related bonus package, on park accommodation (charged at £100 pcm) and the opportunity to progress.
- 20% friends and family discount on holidays booked with Park Holidays, this is subject to availability at time of booking.
- All staff have a discount of 50% on food purchased from the complex, this does not include specials or any drinks & is subject to conditions.
- Great staff referral scheme
- 28 days holiday leave per annum (Inc. Bank Hols)
- Progression Programme within the Company – Learning & development opportunities available with the potential to join the Company’s Skills Academy or Apprenticeship Development Programme.
- Double Glazed Centrally heated on-site accommodation available with the position.
With 42 caravan parks situated throughout the UK we are now one of the largest providers of Holiday parks covering both England and Scotland. We offer great value family holidays and short breaks, with a small selection of touring and camping too, along with a wide range of static caravan holiday homes and luxury lodges for sale.