Team Leader Wanted - London
This is Udon! Join Marugame as a Chimu (team) Leader (Yellow Belt) and be a pioneer by helping us bring the "Udon way of life" to London.
An introduction to Marugame Udon:
You will be joining us at the start of our exciting growth journey! We are now launching in the UK backed by Toridoll, one of the world's biggest restaurant organisations with over 1700 restaurants globally. Our first London restaurant opened in July will be in Liverpool Street.
Marugame Udon is all about serving amazing quality udon noodles in a lively, energetic and casual environment and at exceptional value. We want to become the everyday choice for our customers and show them the excitement of this wonderful cuisine and experience.
What is the role about?
At Marugame, Everyone Cooks, Everyone Serves, Everyone Cares!
You will be a pioneer of Marugame in the UK, working in a high volume, fast paced environment which will be both exciting and challenging with great responsibility.
We need energetic chimu leaders who work well in a team and are capable of running great shifts, both cooking and serving.
You will need to help create a lively and welcoming atmosphere for your customers where they can be served at speed with the perfect fresh bowl of Udon noodles and crispy fried tempura every time.
Our drive for quality, service, warm hospitality and cleanliness will be relentless.
To bring Marugame Udon to life you must:
- Work well in a quick service environment with a focus on speed.
- Provide warm and honest hospitality to every customer.
- Have a passion for Pan Asian food.
- Be happy to learn and work on all stations with speed and precision both in the kitchen and dining area.
- Keep the open kitchen and dining area looking spotless, compliant and hygienic.
- Live the five Marugame Udon work philosophies
- Be capable of taking responsibility for a team during shift
- Open and close the restaurant (Including late night finishes)
- Have shift running experience in a similar QSR business
Benefits of joining us:
- Tasty free udon when you work, discount when you are not working for you and your family
- Guaranteed number of hours per week with various set contracts
- Pay increases for long serving chimu members
- Tencho (General Manager) fast track training program
- Opportunity to grow your career with us as we expand Marugame across the UK and Europe.
Our 5 working philosophies...
- Commit to Earnest udon
- Show a little subtle thoughtfulness
- Create a lively kitchen
- Do the right thing
- Provide nourishment for all