Lake Room Manager - Weybridge
Lake Room Manager - Weybridge
Full Time - 40 hours per week
Provide an exemplary experience for Members and Club guests in the Lake Room
Key Tasks and Duties
- Gain a working understanding of all the equipment needed to fulfil your role.
- Provide a safe environment for you, your colleagues and Members.
- Provide customer service standards that are expected of an establishment with our history.
- Manage the use of the till system, ensuring accuracy, and that the reconciliation procedures are adhered to, ensure security of cash and Club property.
- In conjunction with the F&B Manager & Head Chef, plan Lake Room menus to ensure Members are provided with an interesting and varied menu, which provides the agreed GP% and a menu in line with the expectations of Club Members.
- Check that information relevant to your department is up to date and displayed on the club website.
- Implement and review standards of hygiene and cleanliness throughout the Lake Room in line with Health and Safety and Food Hygiene regulations.
- Ensure compliance with COSHH and that all departmental risk assessments are up to date and adhered to.
- Ensure compliance with fire regulations, licencing laws and trades descriptions regulations.
- Produce a detailed budget taking into account growth and past year performance.
- Follow Club emergency procedures in the event of an emergency.
- Take all phone calls professionally in accordance with Club procedures to give a good impression to those coming into contact with the Club.
- Welcome, acknowledge and lead by example to all staff.
- Deal with any Member issues and complaints and implement changes to rectify the cause.
- Control bookings for all types of event in the Lake Room and provide processes that allow these to be carried out.
- Reply to comment cards and implement changes to deal with the causes.
- Monitor that all reports are fulfilling their roles efficiently and professionally to ensure the department can run smoothly.
- Apply and monitor supervisor processes, to fulfil your requirements.
- Recruit, train, manage and motivate Lake Room staff to ensure customer service excellence.
- Work closely with and co-operatively with your colleagues to deliver excellent customer service to Members.
- Set and implement shift procedures and monitoring of these procedures. Train all colleagues on these.
- Work with, guide and monitor all aspects of Lake Room customer service. Implement changes when they are required.
- Set rotas that reflect the expected usage of the facilities, taking into account any events that are planned.
- Set and monitor customer service objectives for the entire team, in line with customer service requirements.
- Evaluate staffing levels and adjust accordingly, working at all times within the set budget.
- Set, monitor and coach staff members in standards of performance, secondary spend and service levels as required by the Club.
- Prepare for and conduct Quarterly Performance conversations.
- Prepare for and conduct Annual Performance Appraisals.
- Check that all recruits are fully inducted into their roles and that checklists are completed within two weeks of commencement of employment.
- Consider whether Job Descriptions need updating to reflect changing circumstances.
- Manage the department’s holiday requests to ensure service levels are not affected.
- Welcome and assist new recruits - introduce yourself to new recruits within your department.
- Ensure new recruits follow the correct induction and training protocol to allow for maximum production.
- Take every opportunity to increase your level of expertise.
- Meet on a weekly basis with Business Development Manager to discuss the direction of the Lake Room.
- Set performance targets for the Lake Room teams, including upsell and customer feedback.
- Identify and organise any training that will be beneficial for some or all of your team.
- Develop an award scheme to allow progression within your team.
- Actively participate in relevant Club training programmes.
- Take responsibility to ensure yourself and your team have up to date First Aid qualifications etc.
- Respond efficiently, politely and professionally to all requests.
- Produce Enews information to promote features within your departments.
- Plan and implement additions for the Calendar of Events as and when required.
- Respond with the required information to the Editor of the newsletter.
- Read all staff communications to keep abreast of relevant staff and Member issues.
- Attend staff meeting promptly when requested to do so.
- Any other duties as reasonably required.
All Staff Responsibilities
- Consistently offer a high standard of customer service to our Members.
- Create a welcoming, friendly atmosphere for Members and employees alike.
- Demonstrate pride in the Club, a positive attitude and a high level of commitment to your role.
- Attend work promptly according to your working hours;
- Appear smart and tidy and, if applicable, wear the appropriate uniform.
- Seek to anticipate Members’ needs and respond co-operatively and courteously to their requests.
- Communicate with and assist your colleagues to provide a seamless service across all Departments.
- Demonstrate flexibility in assisting the Club and your colleagues to respond to the needs of its business and Members.
- Adhere to Club rules and operating procedures at all times.
Capture the Essence of Excellence through Service, Facilities and Environment.
Store Manager - CobhamEasy Apply!