Shift Leader Floater
Location: South West London
Role: Shift Leader Floater, full-time
Salary: £12.50-13 per hour
Working pattern: Shift pattern: 6.30am – 2.30pm or 2.30pm – 10.30pm flexibility is ESSENTIAL
Shift Leader Floater
Here at Bayley & Sage we do things differently. We are committed to developing our people as we grow and are proud of promoting from within wherever possible. We invest our sales profits into our business and we're excited to be opening new stores. It means our People team has to make sure we have the right people, with the right skills, in the right place.
Bayley & Sage is growing and we currently have an opportunity for a new Shift Leader Floater to join our team in SW and West London.
About the role
This is a floating role, which means you will be responsible for floating between stores working at whichever store requires your help as directed by our Operations Controller, Vineta. You will be responsible for running shifts, assisting and deputizing for the Store Manager when needed. You will ensure the store operates smoothly on a day-to-day basis including checking good availability of stock, adequate staff cover, store is clean and presented beautifully inside and out. You will be the face of our brand, serving customers front of house and giving them the very best in personalised shopping experiences.
- Running shifts, assisting the Store Manager with any required daily and weekly tasks including receiving and checking deliveries and following up with credit notes where required
- Deputising for the Store Manager when away or on annual leave
- Ensuring Opening and Closing checklists are completed and handovers/briefing sessions are carried out for fellow Shift Managers and staff team
- Supervising the team to ensure the smooth, efficient operation of the store
- Delegating tasks to the team, setting out clear objectives and checking on results
- Informing staff about and driving store targets
- Assisting as required with stock and order control, placing orders as required and report any issues with availability to Store Manager
- Making sure all staff are delivering outstanding customer service, leading by example and coaching on the job
- Acting as first point of contact for escalated customer queries and complaints in a professional and courteous manner
You will be a hard worker, willing to roll your sleeves up and get on with the job at hand. You have a respectful manner, and you are a supportive shift leader, but you are equally assertive and able to push back to the team. Your main aim is to ensure customers leave our stores happy and satisfied and be the crucial difference in ensuring your store meets its targets by driving excellent customer service in the team. Ideally, you will have experience in a similar role and/or you have worked in a fast-paced environment before. Being a Shift Leader can be tough, but you will see the rewards from putting in the hard work. There is a lot of variety in this role as no two days are the same.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Sociable Hours (Shift pattern is 6.30am – 2.30pm or 2.30pm – 10.30pm)
- 28 days holiday
- Company pension
- 30% staff discount in-store, special discount on your Birthday
- Refer a friend incentive scheme
- Free uniform
Bayley & Sage is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We believe a diverse team is a successful team. We want to offer opportunities to people from all backgrounds irrespective of age, disability, gender and transgender status, race and ethnicity, religion and belief (including no belief), marriage or civil partnership status or sexual orientation. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of background.
Apply for Shift Leader Floater
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly