Optometrist - Gravesend
Much more than you imagine
Optometrist, Asda Healthcare
As our optical world continues to evolve, the scope for our Optometrists has never been in clearer focus. Through our extended service contracts with the NHS, we're committed to delivering a wider range of care for the treatment and monitoring of minor eye conditions - meaning, if you want to develop your optometry skills and accreditations further, Asda is the place to be.
To fulfil our ambition to reach more people in our communities, we're equally committed to providing our Optometrists with the training, in-store and home office support they need to achieve this. Over and above our CET programme, we also offer protected time to complete further accreditations.
It's all part of our drive to enhance our growing reputation for being the opticians that really puts customers first. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional customer service and clinical care, and our unique fixed price approach means there's no up-selling at Asda. Single vision glasses are the same price as varifocals here and there are no top-up costs for anti-scratch or thinner lenses either, so you never have to compromise a customer's experience because of what they can afford.
As an Asda Optometrist you will be required to deliver locally commissioned services in your store
If you don't currently have the required accreditation/ qualification we will support you to achieve this.
Working in partnership with an Optical Manager (a qualified Dispensing Optician), you'll be focused on creating an environment where clinical and operational excellence go hand in hand. Building capacity and experience within the team to support the development of new patient services, you'll also be excited by the prospect of providing extended hours services so we can be there for our customers at a time that suits them.
- A fully qualified optometrist registered with the GOC
- MECs or WECs accredited (or willing to gain accreditation within 12 months of joining Asda - funded and supported by us)
- A registered performer with your NHS area team or health board
- On track to meet the statutory points requirement for CET
You will also get an excellent benefits package including:
- Discretionary company bonus
- Company pension up to 7% matched
- 10% colleague discount, free parking and many additional rewards
- Your professional indemnity insurance
- GOC fees paid
- CET package
- Flexible working patterns in accordance with 7 day opening