Head of / Senior Manager - Leeds
Do you want to be part of an exciting journey to accelerate Asda's Own Brand, do you want to build trust with customers and work in a fast-paced retail environment? Have you had experience working in a regulatory/technical role within retail or manufacturing, leading a high performing team? Then this is the role for you.
About the role
This role is pivotal in leading, developing and implementing the Food & Product Safety Due diligence framework effectively within the business to mitigate risk and to drive Brand reputation. The role is focused on both Own brand and the branded supply chain.
The role is pivotal in supporting both own brand and the wider business strategy. The successful candidate will be able to effectively influence and shape outcomes using their expertise and creativity to drive forward business solutions.
You will be accountable for identifying both risk and opportunities for the business, staying ahead of the latest thinking and industry issues to prepare the business for any future impacts, You will represent Asda on key industry forums such as the BRC, FSA and work closely alongside stakeholders to influence/shape thinking on issues that are important to the business and to drive Asda reputation in the industry.
In this role you will work alongside the technical teams within Own brand supporting in an advisory capacity on many topics such as Food Safety Controls right through to Incident management, providing training and coaching where required.
You will also play a critical role building powerful partnerships within the wider Own brand and commercial team, our suppliers and beyond not only to drive and embed a Food Safety culture but to help to implement Business strategy effectively and at pace by providing solutions upfront.
To do this, you'll develop a strong network, inspire others to embrace the journey. You'll be very results focused, commercially astute , pragmatic, flexible and resilient as well as energised by change.
You'll enjoy developing and mentoring colleagues across the business, developing talent and creating an environment for colleagues to thrive and grow.
You will need a degree or equivalent in a relevant scientific area, experience of Food Manufacturing/processing knowledge and experience in leading retail or group technical/compliance teams. You will have a real passion for Food, driving change and working within a fast paced environment.
- You'll have a strong technical track record in a retail or retailer facing environment. You'll have a good working knowledge of Food Manufacturing/processing environment
- You'll have excellent organisational & project management skills including the ability to identify, implement & lead change in the business through challenging, leading and influencing colleagues cross functionally.
- You'll demonstrate that you can persevere with significant challenges, finding creative ways to overcome barriers and bounce back from set backs.
- You'll will have an appetite for driving high standards and holding people to account, challenging the status quo.
- You'll have built a strong network of trusting relationships and be widely respected within the industry, influencing key stakeholders such as the FSA and being part of wider industry groups such as the BRC
- You'll have evidence of using data effectively to identify key focus areas and to mitigate risk effectively for the business, enabling resource to be directed to the right areas
- You'll have experience in application of 3rd party food standards and the accreditation process eg BRC.
- You'll be an experienced line manager, committed to coaching individuals and developing talent.
- You'll enjoy working as part of a team, stepping forward to take the lead when appropriate as well as welcoming ideas from everywhere. You'll develop strong relationships across many functions, communicating confidently and representing the Technical & Quality function with high credibility.
- You'll be a good communicator with excellent written and verbal skills, able to communicate complex subjects clearly to stakeholders