Duty Manager - Food to Go - Central London
Duty Manager - Food to Go - Central London
Reports To: Store Manager
Direct Reports: Team Leader/s and Team Members
To manage the team in line with Planet Organic’s values and culture and to ensure that departmental and store budgets and targets are achieved i.e. sales, waste, stock loss, margin and labour costs.
Our key practices (POPS – see below)) at this level are: Teamwork, Product Knowledge, Customer Service, Perfectly Done, Leadership and Commercial Acumen
- Demonstrate decision-making ability and leadership skills
- Previous experience within a food service environment
- Analytical ability and proficiency in math sufficient to calculate margins, monitor profittability and manage inventory
- A high level of computer literacy (for ordering etc/reporting etc)
- Ability to undertake shift work across all days of the week and weekends
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time
- Moving trolleys as required and refilling stock etc
- Operating machinery (ovens etc
- Is aware of own behaviour and communication style; strive to act in a professional manner at all times.
- Actively ensure that only good quality people are recruited
- Is always happy to help
- Promote clear communication within own department and across other departments
- Ensure the team completes Silver and Gold training to the deadlines required
- Set and maintain high standards of product knowledge throughout the team by allocating time for training and following up on an individual’s learning
- Make sure the whole team is able to describe the benefits of Organic and natural products
- Create an environment in which the team can recomend different items according to different dietary requirements
- Deliver great service to customers by working to Planet Organic’s customer service standards of achieving at least 85% on every mystery shop
- Ensure that you and your team are working at pace to deliver results
- Delivering great service to internal customers by dealing with matters promptly, efficiently and helpfully
- Deal with customer complaints effectively
- Communicate relevant information both written and verbal in a concise and effective way
- Ensure that price changes are done weekly
- Ensure the team has completed their task training and risk assessments so that they can confidently use equipment
- Ensure that food safety procedures are followed at all times including temperature checking, relevant team members attend food hygiene training within their first 3 months and are handling food wearing gloves while working in a clean environment.
- Ensure that the team is following opening and closing procedures and operational checklists
- Ensure that ordering is done accurately and to deadline
- Ensure merchandising is of a high standard i.e. stock is faced up, correctly labelled, replenished and rotated as necessary.
- Ensure that tables are cleared and cleaned, rubbish bins are emptied.
- Ensure the FTG counter and the rest of the store are clean.
- Read and act on daily and weekly bulletins
- Prioritise workload and that of the team to accomplish goals.
- Work at pace to deliver on time.
- Make decisions using a range of information in a well thought out and considered way on a day-to-day basis; supports team members in their decision making.
- Monitor, coach and develop the team.
- Effectively communicate goals and actions to the FTG team and other store colleagues regularly
- Lead and inspire the team to achieve appraisal objectives / targets
- Effectively set and communicate clear objectives and expectations to your team
- Ensure that the recruitment procedure is being followed and hire good quality candidates
- Train new starters and conduct probationary reviews
- Ensure all new starters attend induction training within one month of starting
- Conduct probation and annual performance reviews to schedule
- Ensure that absence and lateness issues are dealt with according to policy
- Run the store in the absence of the Store Manager
- Sales, waste and profit targets are achieved
- Use promotions, events and external relationships to develop business
- Mystery shopper reports are at an average of 85% for their store.
- Ensure that holidays are managed to maximise staffing in your department and in the rest of the store
- Ensure rotas are planned 4 weeks in advance and on TMS.
- Following security procedure by conducting regular bag checks; actively observe and approach shop lifters
- Ensure cash handling procedures are being followed
- Assist with periodic stock takes within the store which may require working additional hours
- Keep controllable store costs on budget
- Manage stock loss by ensuring that there are regular bag checks and that shop lifters are apprehended.
- Understand and apply commercial knowledge to own department and store
- Consistently follow store procedures / checklists.
- Implement effective visual merchandising.
- Keep up to date with market trends and analyses the competition.
- Ensure staff turnover does not go above 70% for the year