Office Administrator - London
Office Administrator - London
Location: Pimlico Road Showroom
Position Reports to: Product Director
Soane Britain, led by Founder Lulu Lytle, designs and makes exceptionally well-made furniture, upholstery, lighting, fabrics, wallpapers and interior necessities that consistently reward the investment, adding joyful atmosphere to any interior.
Every Soane Britain design is made in Britain in small workshops that excel in traditional crafts, such as iron forging, rattan weaving, chair making, precision engineering and saddlery.
Soane Britain’s client list includes international interior designers, decorators and architects. Our designs can be found in many important private houses, chalets and yachts around the world as well as hotels, restaurants, members clubs, boardrooms and retail spaces.
Purpose of the Position:
The main function of this role within the Business is to assist and support the Creative Manager for Fabrics and Wallpapers to manage the product development of our fabric and wallpaper collection from the early conception stages, right through to launch and ensure a thorough handover is provided to the Fabrics and Wallpapers Production team. You will be involved in and responsible for a broad range of tasks.
This is a varied role which is highly demanding to ensure we keep to tight deadlines. You must have commercial awareness, excellent excel knowledge, top communication skills and the ability to multi-task. As well as being highly organised with an excellent attention to detail.
Please note that while you will be working in a very creative environment this is not a creative role.
New Design and Product Development
- Diary management of the fabrics and wallpapers critical path
- Uphold the F&W new design critical path
- Manage the timetable of trials for the Creative Manager (F&W) to review and present to the Creative Director and Product Director
- Manage product performance testing, certification and compliance to UK and US standards
- Working with the Creative Manager (F&W) to set out launch costs
- Create the F&W Bible and the F&W Mini Bible
- Create QC documents for all new designs for use at our workshops and distributors
- Help the Production Manager (F&W) with resolving quality control issues
- Help the Sampling Assistant (F&W) with resolving sampling issues
- Add designs onto our CRM system
- Help the Creative Manager (F&W) to produce the new product launch sales manual, showing inspiration, usage, specification and design strategy
- Organise payment and delivery of inspiration pieces, ensuring they are coded correctly within budget
- Manage the inventory of materials and props
- Archiving all design trials and collating ahead of meetings
High level supplier relationship
- Act as the company representative with workshops and distributors
- Visit key suppliers as required
- Research new suppliers to widen our understanding of UK based suppliers and their capabilities
- Research trade shows and networking opportunities
- Work closely with the Product Director each year on yearly price and range reviews, creating key documents and taking minutes.
- Minute key meetings
- General admin responsibilities and ad hoc errand runs
- Formatting documents ahead of meetings
- Market analysis
- Reconciling monthly credit card for the Creative Manager (F&W)
Skills and Qualities required for the Position
- Experience of 1 year minimum in an administration role.
- Ideally within a similar role or experience in working in a manufacturing or textile related business.
- Highly organised
- Knowledge of graphic design software would be a plus but not essential
- Good knowledge and use of Excel and good computer literacy
- Quick learner with an outstanding attention to detail and processes
- Appreciation of working in handmade high-quality product environment
- Proactive and tenacious
- Extremely high standard of verbal and written communication
- Competitive salary
- Pension contribution
- Health insurance cash plan, including access to GP and mental health helplines
- Company car scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Income protection
- Generous holiday allowance and a day off on your birthday
- Hybrid working may be offered to office staff in agreement with your manager
- Unique culture that includes: Christmas and Summer parties, monthly social team drinks and events, internal training
- Staff discounts on Soane designs and access to warehouse sales
Apply for Office Administrator - London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
Front Office Trainer - LondonEasy Apply!